"This collection is a story of painting with a heavy heart."

-Bridgett Crocker



Please visist my website for more info www.heavyheartstudio.com

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sutures


"Sutures", the first painting of this series, will always be held by my heart.  I started this painting with the hope that my favorite color (Pthalo Green) would inspire an uplifting emotion.  I was experiencing a life changing event, one of which I never thought I would experience.  And so my happiness, my favorite color, was clouded by the earth toned haze of natural selection.  Even still, there was a hope that shined its reflection on my life; one I wanted to cling onto.  But I found myself separated, almost emotionally unattached from what was happening.  As if it was an old black and white film with no sound.  I unexpectedly found comfort in that.  So I decided that instead of worrying, stressing, or trying to fix the uncontrollable, I would follow instructions.  I am not one who normally follows the "guidelines" set by by those who think "normal" is an achievable goal, by the way.  But this time, I followed.  All the while, carrying my hope.  My hope is what leads me to a cure.  "The Cure" that is not found, but realized.  I dedicate this entire series to the woman who is stronger than life, my mother, Opal.

No comments:

Post a Comment