"This collection is a story of painting with a heavy heart."

-Bridgett Crocker



Please visist my website for more info www.heavyheartstudio.com

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Peace Out


If anyone will be in Greenville before July 20th, and has a few minutes to spare, please try to check out my latest painting at the MAC Gallery. This is the painting with which I won 4th place in one of Greenville's largest art competitions. Later this year, it will be reproduced onto a large format recycling bin on Main St for a whole year!
I'm so proud of this past year's collection because it is inspired by Mom, and is the only collection from which I have sold more than 5 originals and has gained local recognition.
I don't tell you this to brag, but to explain the significance of how art and emotion can heal. And I don't normally tell anyone about the specific meaning behind my paintings or the story that each one represents. But this particular one is special because of "hope". I struggled between knowing what was going on in reality and what I hoped would be the outcome, during the past year. My bird often represented a sense of hope that ultimately ended with my worst nightmare becoming reality. But throughout it all, I have learned that peace can be a result of what my hope eventually became. And so I am trying to find and experience a peace that seems impossible to obtain. I titled my this painting "Peace Out" because I need a calming peace to be released, developed, and present in my heavy heart.
Thank you everyone, for your loving encouragement throughout this past year. I love you guys so much!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo proud of you Bridgett!!! Your work is absolutely amazing!!! Love you more than words... Your cousin - Joanie...

    ReplyDelete